Novhorod-Siverskyi Press (Novhorod-Siverska drukarnia). An imprimery founded and funded by Archbishop Lazar Baranovych in 1674 at the Novhorod-Siverskyi Transfiguration Monastery. It published the polemic and moralizing works of L. Baranovych and Ioanikii Galiatovsky, the Antolohion, O. Buchynsky's poem ‘Chyhyryn ...’ (1677), about the heroic defense of the city from Turkish and Tatar armies, and primers and other educational texts. In 1679 the printing press was moved to Chernihiv and was reorganized into the Chernihiv Press.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]
Encyclopedia of Ukraine