Chop [Čop] (Hungarian: Czap). Map: V-3. City (2001 pop 8,919, mostly Hungarian and Ukrainian) in Uzhhorod raion, Transcarpathia oblast, situated in the Tysa Lowland on the border between Hungary, Slovakia, and Ukraine. Founded in the late 19th century, it is an important border railway junction and contains railway-servicing shops and a brick-and-tile factory. In 1944 Chop was the site of a month-long battle between German and Soviet troops.