Andrushivka [Андрушівка; Andrušivka]. Map: III-10. City (2018 pop 8,606) in the Dnipro Upland on the Huiva River, a raion center in Zhytomyr oblast. Andrushivka was first mentioned as Andrusovka in 1683 as a village in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In 1793, following the Second Partition of Poland, it came under Russian rule. Andrushivka became a town in 1859. In 1975 it was granted a city status. Andrushivka’s population is employed mostly in the food industry (sugar refining and distilling). The city’s most notable architectural monument is a 19th-century palace of the Berzhynskys (later belonging to the Tereshchenko family).
[This article was updated in 2019.]
Encyclopedia of Ukraine