Bilohiria [Bilohir'ja] (known, to 1946, as Liakhivtsi). Map: IV-7. Town smt (2001 pop 5,709), a raion center in Khmelnytskyi oblast, on the Horyn River. First mentioned in 1441, from the 16th to the 18th century Bilohiria was a Socinian center (see Socinians). Ruins of the castle walls remain.
This subject is not referenced in any other entries in the Internet Encyclopedia of Ukraine.
Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.
©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.