Dubno Monastery [Дубенський монастир; Dubenskyi monastyr]. Monastery in Dubno, Volhynia, founded by Prince Kostiantyn Ostrozky in the late 16th century. Yov Zalizo was the monastery’s first hegumen (from 1584 to 1597). Originally an Orthodox monastery, it was taken over by the Catholic church in 1700. In the 19th century it reverted to Orthodox control and was known as the Monastery of the Elevation of the Cross. Damaged during the Second World War, the monastery church and other buildings were dismantled in the 1960s.
[This article was updated in 2014.]