Hertsa [Herca]. Map: V-7. Town (1966 pop 1,500) in Hlyboka raion, Chernivtsi oblast. First mentioned in 1408; before being annexed by Austria in 1774 it belonged to the Principality of Moldavia. In 1918 it was annexed by Romania, and in 1940 by the Ukrainian SSR. Most of its inhabitants are Romanian.
List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Hertsa entry:
A referral to this page is found in 1 entry.
Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.