Hlyboka. Map: V-6. Town smt (2001 pop 9,287) and raion center in Chernivtsi oblast. It was first mentioned in historical sources in 1438. From 1918 to 1940, under Romanian rule, it was called Adîncata. Today it is a railway junction and has a food industry and glass industry.
Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.
©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.