Hulevychivna, Yelyzaveta

Hulevychivna, Yelyzaveta [Hulevyčivna, Jelyzaveta], 1575–1642. Kyivan noblewoman and benefactress; wife of the marshal of Mozyr, S. Lozka. In 1615 she donated to the Kyiv Epiphany Brotherhood a building and land in the Podil district of Kyiv for the establishment of an Orthodox monastery, school, hostel, and hospital. The latter part of her life was spent in Lutsk, where she involved herself in the work of the Lutsk Brotherhood of the Elevation of the Cross.




List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Hulevychivna, Yelyzaveta entry:


A referral to this page is found in 2 entries.















Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.  
 

©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.