Mykolaiv National University of Shipbuilding
Mykolaiv National University of Shipbuilding [Національний університет кораблебудування ім. Адм. Макарова; Nationalnyi universytet korablebuduvannia im. Adm. Makarova]. A technical school of higher education in Mykolaiv. Organized in 1920 as a polytechnical institution, in 1929 it was renamed the Mykolaiv Machine-Building Institute and in 1930 it was given the name Mykolaiv Shipbuilding Institute. In 1994 it was reorganized as a university and renamed the Ukrainian State Marine Technical University. In 2004 it was granted the national university status and assumed its current name. The university has four research and educational institutes (shipbuilding, machine-building, computer science and engineering, and automation and electronics), three research and educational centers, and three faculties (marine ecology, ecology and technological security, and humanities). It also has a branch in Kherson. The university has an enrollment of over 12,000 students.
[This article was updated in 2015.]