Pastyrske fortified settlement

Pastyrske fortified settlement [Пастирське городище; Pastyrske horodyshche]. A multi-occupational site near Pastyrske, Smila raion, Cherkasy oblast. Excavations in 1892–1901 and 1949–55 by Vikentii Khvoika and Mykhailo Braichevsky, among others, produced the remains of two settlements, one Scythian from the 6th to 4th century BC and the other, mos probably Slavic, from 7th to 8th century AD.

[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]

List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Pastyrske fortified settlement entry:

A referral to this page is found in 2 entries.

Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.  

©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.