Perechyn [Perečyn]. Map: V-3. A town smt (2001 pop 7,083) on the Uzh River and a raion center in Transcarpathia oblast. It was first mentioned in historical documents in 1427, when it was under Hungarian rule. The town has a wood-chemistry and a woodworking industry complex. In 1925 Yaroslav Pasternak excavated a burial ground from the Eneolithic Period nearby.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]