Solotvyna or Solotvyno. Map: VI-4. A town smt (2001 pop 9,276) on the Tysa River in Tiachiv raion, Transcarpathia oblast. It is first mentioned in 14th-century sources and has been known as Aknaslatyna, Maramoroska Solotvyna, and Slatynski Doly. The town was under Hungarian rule until 1919, was ceded to Czechoslovakia in 1920, and was reoccupied by Hungary in 1939. Since 1945 it has been part of Ukraine. In 1947 it was promoted to smt status. Its main industry is salt mining (see Solotvyna rock salt deposits). Two abandoned shafts have been converted into allergy hospitals.