Subcarpathian National University
Subcarpathian National University (Підкарпацький національий університет ім. В. Стефаника; Pidkarpatskyi natsionalnyi universytet instytut im. V. Stefanyka). Founded in Ivano-Frankivsk (then Stanislav) in 1940 as a teachers' seminary, it was transformed in 1950 into the Ivano-Frankivsk Pedagogical Institute. In 1992 it was reorganized into a university and in 2004 it was granted the status of a national university. It has eight teaching institutes: history and political science, law, sciences, philology, arts, pedagogy, tourism, and an institute in Kolomyia. It also has six faculties: philosophy, mathematics and computer science, physics and technology, economy, foreign languages, and physical education and sport. It has four educational centers in Kalush, Dolyna, Chortkiv, and Rakhiv. In 2010 its enrollment was 18,500.
[This article was updated in 2011.]