Club of Ruthenian Women [Клюб русинок; Kliub rusynok]. A cultural-educational and charitable organization of women in Lviv founded in 1893. As a result of the club’s initiative the Trud women’s co-operative, the Domestic Servants’ Aid Society, and the Ukrainska Zakhoronka nursery school society were organized. The club’s first president was Hermina Shukhevych, and its leading members were Mariia Biletska, O. Barvinska, Mariia Hrushevska, O. Luchakovska, V. Kotsovska, O. Hnatiuk, Z. Maikovska, and O. Rozdolska. In 1909 the club merged with the Circle of Ukrainian Women to form the association Women's Hromada in Lviv.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 1 (1984).]
Encyclopedia of Ukraine