Ukrainian Emigrant Aid Society

Ukrainian Emigrant Aid Society (Товариство опіки над українськими еміґрантами; Tovarystvo opiky nad ukrainskymy emigrantamy). An organization founded in Lviv in 1925 to provide aid for and maintain contact with immigrants from central and eastern Ukraine. It published the magazine Ukraïns’kyi emigrant (from 1927). By the early 1930s the society had offices not only in Lviv but also in Ternopil, Sambir, and Stanyslaviv as well as a network of circles throughout Galicia. As the number of immigrants shrank in the 1930, the society’s activity declined, and after the death of its only president, Mykola Zaiachkivsky, in 1938, it was dissolved.

[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 5 (1993).]

List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Ukrainian Emigrant Aid Society entry:

A referral to this page is found in 6 entries.