Fastiv regiment (Фастівський or Хвастівський полк; Fastivskyi or Khvastivskyi polk). In 1649 Fastiv was a company town in the Bila Tserkva regiment that was raised to regimental status during Polish rule (1685–1702) under Colonel Semen Palii. It also existed briefly as an independent unit in 1651 under P. Dzik (Dyk). Upon capturing the fortress town of Bila Tserkva in 1702, Palii assumed the title of Colonel of Bila Tserkva, and Fastiv became a company headquarters again. In 1693 the Fastiv regiment numbered 3,000 Cossacks.
[This article was written in 2005.]