Kirovske (Crimea)

Kirovske (Crimea) [Кіровське; Kirovs'ke]. Map: VIII-16. Town smt (2011 pop 7,024) and raion center in the eastern Crimea. It was first mentioned in 1783 as Islam-Terek. A German colony was founded there in the 1840s. The town was renamed in 1945.

[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 2 (1988).]




List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Kirovske (Crimea) entry:


A referral to this page is found in 2 entries.



















Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.  
 

©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.