Komysh-Buruny Iron-ore Complex

Komysh-Buruny Iron-ore Complex (Komysh-Burunskyi zalizorudnyi kombinat im. S. Ordzhonikidze). Industrial concern specializing in ferrous metallurgy, located inthe Kerch Iron-ore Basin. Built in 1931 and rebuilt in 1951, the complex consists of mines, limestone quarries, and sorting and enrichment plants. Its main products are iron, cinder, and niello.

[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 2 (1988).]




List of related links from Encyclopedia of Ukraine pointing to Komysh-Buruny Iron-ore Complex entry:


A referral to this page is found in 3 entries.



















Click Home to get to the IEU Home page; to contact the IEU editors click Contact.
To learn more about IEU click About IEU and to view the list of donors and to become an IEU supporter click Donors.  
 

©2001 All Rights Reserved. Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.