Moscow Ukrainian Theater of the RSFSR
Moscow Ukrainian Theater of the RSFSR (Український театр РРФСР; Ukrainskyi teatr RRFSR). Established as the Ukrainian Theater of Musical Drama in Moscow in 1924, with Lev Sabinin, D. Oleksiienko, and H. Brahin as the directors. In its repertoire were the works of Ukrainian classical and contemporary playwrights, including Ivan Kotliarevsky, Semen Hulak-Artemovsky, Mykhailo Starytsky, Marko Kropyvnytsky, and Oleksander Korniichuk. In 1932 it was united with the Moscow Ukrainian Theater-Studio under its current name. It was active until 1934.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]