Pavoloch regiment. An administrative territory and military formation established in 1648 in Right-Bank Ukraine (see Regimental system). In 1649 it became part of Bila Tserkva regiment, and in 1651 it was separated again. Its territory included 14 towns. Its most famous commander was Ivan Bohun. In 1674, after Right-Bank Ukraine was returned to Poland by the Treaty of Andrusovo (1667), the regiment was abolished. Many of its inhabitants resettled in Left-Bank Ukraine.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]