Liubachiv [Любачів (Ljubačiv); Polish: Lubaczów]. Map: III-4. A town (2006 pop 12,378) on the Liubachivka River and a county center in Poland's Subcarpathian voivodeship. It was part of Peremyshl principality in Kyivan Rus’ at the end of the 11th century. In 1344 it was annexed by Poland, and Casimir III the Great built a castle there. For a period in the 17th century, during the Cossack-Polish War, it was held by the Cossacks. In 1717 Adam Sieniawski established a famous glass-works there.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]