Lukomsky, Vladislav [Лукомський, Владислав; Lukoms'kyj], b 17 July 1882 in Kaluga, Russia, d 11 July 1946 in Moscow. Heraldry scholar of Ukrainian descent. He graduated from Saint Petersburg University (1905). He became director of the heraldry department of the Imperial Senate (from 1914) and the heraldic museum (1918–28). He wrote, with Vadym Modzalevsky and Heorhii Narbut, Malorossiiskii herbovnyk (Little Russian [Ukrainian] Heraldry Directory, 1914), a study of the printer Ivan Fedorovych (Fedorov) (1935), and articles about Russian and Ukrainian heraldry, including the Myloradovych coat of arms, M. Romanchenko’s collection, and Prince Kostiantyn Vasyl Ostrozky’s medal. He was a member of the Lviv Heraldic Society (from 1910), the Chernihiv Learned Archival Commission (from 1913), and the Ukrainian Bibliological Society in Kyiv (from 1928).
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]