Lviv Ukrainian Independent Theater
Lviv Ukrainian Independent Theater (Український незалежний театр; Ukrainskyi nezalezhnyi teatr). Established in May 1920 in Lviv by members of the Theater of the Supreme Command of the Ukrainian Galician Army, under the administration of H. Nychka and artistic directorship of Mykola Bentsal. Under the auspices of the Ukrainska Besida society it staged 12 plays from the modern Ukrainian and Western repertoire. In August 1921 it joined the cast of the reborn Ukrainska Besida Theater.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 3 (1993).]