Tykhorsky, Yepyfanii [Тихорський, Єпифаній; Tyxors'kyj, Jepyfanij], b ?, d 2 July 1731 in Nizhyn. Orthodox bishop. A former archimandrite of the Annunciation Monastery in Nizhyn, he became the bishop of Belgorod in 1722. His tenure saw the extension of Ukrainian religious practices within the eparchy and the establishment of an eparchial theological seminary in 1722. The school was moved from Belgorod to Kharkiv in 1726 to become the Kharkiv College.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 5 (1993).]