Ukraïns’ka knyha [«Українська книга»; Ukrainian Book]. A monthly journal of bibliography and bibliology published in Lviv in 1937–9 (21 issues) and in Cracow in 1943 (2 issues) by the Bibliographic Commission of the Shevchenko Scientific Society and the Ukrainian Society of Bibliophiles in Lviv. Edited by Yevhen Yulii Pelensky, the journal contained articles on the history of Ukrainian books and libraries (by Mykola Andrusiak, Volodymyr Doroshenko, Antin Gensorsky, Mykhailo Vozniak, Ivan Krypiakevych, Petro Zlenko, Teoktyst Pachovsky, Stepan Siropolko, Volodymyr Sichynsky, Arkadii Zhyvotko), on library science (Lev Bykovsky), and on printing (V. Doroshenko and Serhii Yefremov). It also published lists of new Galician publications, and specialized military, literary, and regional studies bibliographies (P. Zlenko, Bohdan Romanenchuk, M. Vozniak, and Ye. Pelensky). An entire issue was devoted to the history of Ukrainian book publishing in Cracow.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 5 (1993).]