Ukrainische Rundschau. A German-language informational monthly published in Vienna in 1905–14. The continuation of Ruthenische Revue, it informed the Western public and policymakers about Ukrainian affairs in the Austro-Hungarian Empire and Russian Empire and was distributed free of charge to numerous newspapers, writers, and diplomats. Edited by Volodymyr Kushnir, and in 1908–9 by Osyp Turiansky, the publication was actively supported by members of the Ukrainian Parliamentary Representation in Vienna, particularly Vasyl Yavorsky (the formal publisher), Stanyslav Dnistriansky, Oleksander Kolessa, and Yevhen Levytsky. Its other contributors included some of the most distinguished Ukrainian publicists and political figures of the time, such as Yuliian Romanchuk, O. Turiansky, Vasyl Shchurat, Ivan Krypiakevych, Myron Korduba, Bohdan Lepky, Mykhailo Lozynsky, Ivan Makukh, and Volodymyr Doroshenko, as well as many non-Ukrainians.
[This article originally appeared in the Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. 5 (1993).]